terça-feira, 24 de junho de 2014

fusion or fision (choir)

For months now two choirs have been put to the test. Fuse fiz or finish.

Meetings on end and the truth is I feel like it has separated us. All because of ideology and politics. It's  all a question of politics and meanwhile what really unites us has been put aside. We just want to sing.

I want to sing but after  putting in so much work into this I am not ready to sing at any cost.

Now is the time to make an important decision. Stay : fuse or fiz and  leave.

The attempt to fuse two choirs is in fact fision and not fusion. Because stuff is lost along the way and it is polluted. Pollution which divided us, united us, turned us against each other....

For months I silently listened knowing that what we needed was a solution. It seemed like we started from the end only to come back to the beginning. Initially I accepted the idea that the people from the other choir would become choir 'mates' ...

Now I am happy that there is a solution (if it can really be considered a solution, it is more of a conclusion to his lengthy business) .

 On one hand I know that every year  new members come in and we change . inevitably we change and I have accepted it because I also had to be accepted into this dinamic (the choir) .
Now I am one of the sopranos with more years under my belt.


On the other hand I have been singing in choirs for  almost 9 years and  want to grow musically. I don't want to go back to singing repertoire that I could have sung in highschool, I don't  want to be in an environments  that is divided and unaccepting or rigid. Because after all this , choir is an extra activity. It does not contribute to my academic life, in fact it has taken away from it but because of the community, the friendship and the support it has  Been invaluable to my academic life, giving me  confidence or a place to forget my worries for two hours.
This semester it has not but since I have now finished my BA perhaps I will let life decide.

If  it fits into my new schedule I should continue if not I leave  with my memories....

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário